Tuesday 15 December 2020

Mince Pies, etc.

I've been meaning to get round to taking a photo of my mince pies. However... 

...it's amazing how short a time it takes for two people to eat twelve mince pies. I expected them to last almost a week. It actually took four days. I'll have to bake some more.

*

We had the gas boiler serviced today. The ground floor of our house is open plan. There are doorways but no doors. I adopted the tactic I used when the last gas engineer came, a couple of weeks ago (we thought we had a leak but, thankfully, we didn't). I blocked off the doorways into the area where the boiler is, this time with a polythene dust-sheet. The engineer wore a mask and I've left the outer door and the windows open. The two gas engineers have been the only people to come into our house since March.

As you've probably guessed, we aren't planning any big family get-together this Christmas! 





 


6 comments:

  1. Nor us. Looking forward to 2021 the jab and hopefully seeing family again in real life not on a screen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed exploring the local park more than usual, but I'm still looking forward to seeing my kids and grandkids (particularly the ones in Colorado) as soon as feasible next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here (except that, living in the countryside the land around us is one big park!)

      Delete
  3. What a strange world it is when the thing we look forward to most is a jab in the arm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - strange indeed. Being vaccinated will be a great relief.

    ReplyDelete

Reports from the Deep End

Reports from the Deep End is a collection of short stories inspired by the work of J.G. Ballard. Although he's famous for his visions o...